Thursday, May 22, 2008

Such the businessman!

I LOVE me a good back rub, so of course I've been trying to teach Beau how to massage my shoulders. Nothing better than your own masseur, right? Well, today, all 33 pounds of him was squeezing the tops of my shoulders as hard as he could. It was actually feeling really good so I told him what a great job he was doing and how I should give him a dollar for his hard work. He continues to squeeze with all the super hero strength he can muster, pride and confidence abundant, and we have this conversation....

Beau: "Mom, I'm still doing a good job, right?"

Me: "Yes, Beau, I love it! It feels really nice. I might have to make you my official back rubber."

Beau: "Do you think you should pay me two dollars then?"

4 comments:

C. Beth said...

He is way too smart for his own good!

Although when most massage therapists charge about $1 a minute, I'd say even his $2 request is quite the deal! ;)

Doni Brinkman said...

Has he been hanging out with Josh? ;)

Evan.Leigh said...

I love your blog! You have such a cute family. This one really made me laugh...how cute!

Sarah R. said...

I didn't know you had joined the bloggin community. I was so happy to discover this blog.
I wanted to congratulate you on your little girl. I was so shocked when Doni said you were having a baby girl in February. After you were pretty convinced you weren't having anymore children. I hope she is such a blessing to you.
I am in the same boat now with you. We were also done having children, although we hadn't taken any permanent measures. But God had other plans for us and I am now 7 weeks pregnant.
I really hope we can all get together again sometime. I know it's hard now with new little ones, but that was so much fun having the girls night out last year at Doni's. Too bad I live so far away.