Wednesday, May 14, 2008

They weren't just cool in the 70's!

We live in a VERY small 2 story home for our family of 5. It's just under 1600 square feet, which might seem like a lot to some, but when you consider that our main living area, in which we spend 90% of our time each day, is only about 20X20, it can get a little cramped with 2 energetic boys and a baby.
So, I was on the phone with my mom today while she was shopping at Target and what does she propose we get for the boys? Bean bags! 2 of them! We don't want them fighting over one lone bean bag now do we?? Admittedly, I agreed that she should get them, knowing well enough that we have no room for such an item in our home, much less 2!
Well, lo and behold, the boys LOVE them! They've been jumping all over them the entire evening. Who knew? Beau even asked me if he could take his up to his room tonight and sleep in it. I told him no, he needed to sleep in his bed. He asked if he could put it on top of his bed and sleep in it that way. Again, I told him no, but maybe he could nap in it tomorrow. Tears ensued, I felt like a mean mommy, and now I'm sitting here wondering why I didn't just let him. Gah!



Maybe I should have gotten one for Beth, too! :)







2 comments:

C. Beth said...

I want one! For me, not my children. ;)

Doni Brinkman said...

I love bean bags too - until they start leaking all over the house. Then I hate them. :)