Monday, November 10, 2008

Blogging, Menu Planning, and Scrapbooking

Blogging: Okay, so I'm a horrible blogger! I LOVE to read others' blogs, but keeping my own has been super challenging. I think my last entry was in July. BUT, I'm making a comeback! Blogging is something I really, REALLY want to do for my family, so I'm going to start taking the time to get it done. I have a problem not doing things unless I know I'll be able to do them perfectly and with 100% confidence. Yes, this is exactly why I don't do much at all! :) I'm going to have to settle for mediocrity and a substandard level of confidence on this one.

Menu Planning: I know how to do it, have the desire to do it, but never quite accomplish it. I want to be domesticated.....I really do! I feel like I need to be a good steward of my family's money and grocery shop on a budget, plan meals, and actually cook them once they're planned! We eat out WAY too much! So much that I can't even bring myself to confess just how much. My friend Brooke knows, and she still loves me, so maybe there is hope! It would be easier if Tom didn't want to eat all healthy and stuff, but whatever!!

Scrapbooking: I don't necessarily want to manually "scrapbook", but I would at least like to find a way to get my photos organized and easily shared. Digital scrapbooking?? I don't know. Just another thing that I'm stressing out about lately. I don't want to be buried in pictures 10 years from now that I have no recollection of when/where they were taken or who's even in them. I've seen this happen. Not good.

These are just a few of the MANY things I want to get the ball rolling on. Baby steps....

4 comments:

Doni Brinkman said...

I can help you learn digital scrapbooking if you want to learn:).

Kristi said...

I just might take you up on that, Doni!! :)

C. Beth said...

YAAAAAY, you're back!!! :-D I knew if I kept you on my blog roll long enough, one day I'd see an update. Well, I didn't know...but I hoped. ;)

Faith said...

So glad you're blogging again!

Some ideas
1) For blogging - just keep a notepad on your desk (or desktop) & jot down thing syou want to blog about. Pick one day a week to blog (You can date blogs to post later). When you've got half an hour, sit down & write 4-5 blogs & set them to post different days. Your week is posted without any further though.


2) When I dump pictures from my digital camera I name them the date I dump them (11.17.08). Then, in my pictures folder I have a folder for each month (Nov 2008). Everything goes in there. Blog what I want, delete the bad ones, etc. Then, when I look back 10 years from now I will at least know what was going on from month to month. Hardly any work involved.

Hope you don't mind my posting. :)